Pages

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Camping Weekend - October 10-12

About a month ago, John and I headed to Gore, Virginia for a weekend campout with our siblings (Peg/CJ, Courtney/Joey, and Bob/Kari). We even had two animal companions with us...no not the cats...two fun dogs! Both Daisy and Teddy joined us! Daisy enjoyed swimming around in the lake and Teddy enjoyed hanging out by the campfire. During our 2nd day there, a stray dog came to our site and played with Daisy and she really enjoyed that. Nothing like a doggie date for the Daisy!

Normally when we go camping we get rained on. However, this weekend was a miracle...NO RAIN!! It was an absolutely beautiful weekend for camping. It was nice during the day and chilly at night which made for great sleeping weather! The first night though I did freeze because I underestimated how cold it was really going to get! We had tons of food (eggs, chicken, campfire pizzas, s'mores, deep fried fries and chicken, and tons of snacks!!). CJ even bought a portable shower so we did not have to go and use the bug filled showers!

On Saturday we hung out at the picnic table playing a game of Simpson's Monopoly...as usual, I lost! But it still was fun. Throughout the weekend I was able to finish my book and relax in the captain's chair listening to my iPod. Overall it was a very relaxing weekend! Below are some random pictures from the weekend!








































1 comment:

The Pilgrims said...

What a beautiful place to camp! Looks like a lovely Autumn weekend. Glad you had such a good time!
Becky