Pages

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy 7 Months Alexis!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! She is now 7 months and changing every day! When I took her to the doctor for her cold/ear infection on Wednesday, she weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces! That is so crazy to me! I just can't believe how fast she is growing. I am amazed every day by her.
She has grown in to such a happy, playful baby! I absolutely love spending time with her. I am such a lucky person. She loves to play with her toys and sometimes just wants to be left alone with them! Which is actually nice because it allows us to get some things done while she is playing. She really enjoys her jumperoo and loves to play with her blocks by dumping them all out of the bucket!
We recently cut out a feeding in Lexi's schedule so she is now down to 4 bottles a day of about 5 oz a bottle. This is a good thing because in 5 months she will be done with bottles...so unreal to me! So now she gets a bottle at 7:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. She gets a container of baby food at 12 p.m. for lunch and then 2 containers with rice cereal at 5 p.m. (this is the bottle we cut out). She doesn't seem to affected by it. She REALLY enjoys baby food! Sometimes I think she would rather have that then her bottles...then again, do you blame her!
As I mentioned earlier, she is fighting a cold and an ear infection right now. Poor thing --- no wonder she couldn't sleep well. So she is now on Ammoxicillian for 10 days and then has to go back on the 28th for an ear check to make sure it hasn't spread to the other ear or is still in the same ear. She has only been on the meds for a day and I think they are already starting to make a difference. Last night she went down at 7:30 p.m. and only woke up once before she got up around 6:00 a.m.! Such a difference compared to the multiple times she had been up the few nights before. I feel so bad for her because she can't breathe. :(
Well I thought I would end this entry with a list of some of her favorite things. She has so many things she likes right now I wanted to document them. This blog is great because it helps me to keep track of her life and how she is changing. I love it! I hope one day I can share it with her so she can see just how much mommy and daddy love her! Here are some of her favorite things:
  • Sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots
  • Watching the kitties --- can't wait until she can chase them :)
  • Bath time
  • Snuggles with mommy and playtime with daddy
  • Riding in her stroller --- particularly in Home Depot
  • Blowing raspberries --- it is so cute to hear that on her monitor when she wakes up in the morning
  • Spending days with Linnie
  • Word World --- she could watch that for hours if I let her
  • Dancing around the house
  • Her room --- she is absolutely fascinated by the color and the butterflies on the wall

No comments: