Pages

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another Trip to L&D

Well I am back home after yet another 24 hour stay at Reston Hospital in Labor and Delivery. I went to my follow-up appointment on Thursday with the high-risk doctor and they completed another sonogram to check on the cervix. The baby was doing great...growing nicely and active as ever. However, it appears that my cervix has now officially opened. It is very slightly, but it is open. So the doctor sent me over to L&D to be monitored again. As of Thursday night my doctor wanted me to be in there through the weekend...which meant 4 days in the hospital. That was actually the plan as of Friday morning as well. They even thought I might have to just stay admitted until Alexis came in to the world.

However, on Friday at 1:00 p.m. when my regular OB was doing rounds at the hospital she came in and told me that I would actually be able to go home!! She had talked with the high-risk doctor and they felt that as long as I wasn't contracting and the baby was doing well, that I could go home and relax until my next appointment on Wednesday. So I have at least bought another 4 days at home :) It feels so good to be back home. As much as I have hated to have to lie on the couch/bed for the past 10 weeks...I would rather have the couch/bed over the hospital!

So John and I are guessing that Alexis will make her debut sometime in August. Especially now that I have actually begun to dilate. We will see...I want to at least get through the next 20 days. That will put me at 28 weeks. So keep your fingers crossed that she can hold off that long.

No comments: