Pages

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy 35 Weeks!

Well we have managed to make it to 35 weeks with the baby still safely inside! Here is the most recent belly shot taking yesterday along with my new haircut (35 weeks):
This baby is truly a miracle...we are not the only ones who think that either. All of our doctors (regular OB's) are calling her their miracle too...it is so cute. This week I had to do a 24 hour collection to check for preeclampsia. What was I collecting you ask --- urine! Haha! Talk about an interesting experience!! It was hillarious walking in to the doctors office with a bucket full of urine! What was even funnier was having to keep it in our fridge!

So the purpose of this was because the past 2 times I have been to the doctor my blood pressure has been a little high and I had protein in my last urine sample so they are checking to see if I am at the beginnings of preeclampsia! I really think my doctor felt so bad even suggesting it after all that we have been though. Good news is that if I do have preeclampsia...the solution to taking care of it is bedrest and I am already on bedrest! So that would mean early delivery of the baby more than likely! The one time I want something to be "wrong" it won't be :) Haha!

Well the pessary comes out on Thursday and I couldn't be more excited! I really hope that by taking it out it will make Alexis come faster! We are very ready to have her here. We will see though. I am having a ton of braxton hicks contractions so hopefully they will progress to full on contractions after the pessary comes out and the medication stops :)
Well I will end this blog with the ONLY pictures that we have of the 3 of us! Our friend Ben was here yesterday to watch the Redskins game so we had him take a few pictures so we at least had something before she arrives :)
I am almost finished with the letters for Alexis' room also. AC Moore only had the letters "EXIS" so we had to special order the "AL." Once the come in, I will paint them and then we can hang up her letters above her crib. They turned out so awesome. It felt really good to get back to doing some crafty things. Especially after not being able to do much of it over the past 5 months. I can't wait to start scrapbooking again. I will have to take advantage of Alexis' naps to get any of that done...but that is okay :)

No comments: